We won!!! Oh yeah! Wow! That was indeed an eye opener. That also proved that teenage sound rocks! And definitely not 60 years old! Haha.. The competition was held in Taiping Golf Club. Sounds fun right? NO! I need to get up as early as 5 in the morning and reach school by 6.15 in the morning (i sleep longer already cause my coach asked us to wake up at 4 so that our vocal chord can "open" naturally). We left at about 6.30 and reach about 2 hours later. Yes, it looked nice. Haha.. I like the golf course especially. Very beautiful! Then was the competition. It was the primary schools' turn first. We waited there like dungu, without a place to even sit. Our competition which was schelduled to start at 10.30 am started at about 12 noon. What a "good" timing right? We got up so early but we sang so late. So funny of them! Some of the schools sounded really good. But their jaws were falling really down (which sounds like what our coach say 60 years old). That was really different from our style of singing. We thought it's either they win or we win. Or rather 60 years old or 17 years old. But it doesn't really matter cause i would say this is the best performance we have put up this year! The feelings, the pitching (though still got a little bit off here and there) and the solo part for my soprano, those are really what it matters to me. As I told my junior, trust in the Lord! God can really make all things possible! Announcing the results was the funniest part of all. Out of 10 schools, 6 schools were sent away (which means they lost). 4 schools will stay behind till everything ends and wait for the results. 3rd prize was announced and so was the 2nd. The only 2 left were our school and our ex-coach's school. Their voice ... (you know I know la) But they really sounded good from the harmonizing part and stuffs. The worst thing is when the emcee said "SMJK (C)..."! Both of the schools also SMJK(C)! Once the emcee started with "Ave...", we were already screaming and clapping like mad. I was having gastric pain since lunch. I was tensed with the results that i held Bernice and my junior's hand. That was the moment I can't really breathe and the pain just disappear just like that. When we were announced as the winner, I immediately screamed (with my mates) and the pain came back. So funny! My teacher was wiping her tears secretly (wanna hide from us). Haha.. Miss Yau, we saw that! Anyway, thank you Mr Lee for your guidance and your patience with us. Thank you Miss Yau, Pn Anne and Pn Lim for accompanying us through our practices. Thank you all choir members for singing your best. And the most important of all - THANK GOD! I can now proudly say that AMC CHOIR is the
STATE CHAMPION of
PERAK!

Need to show off a little bit of my trophy. This is the state champion's trophy. District level's trophy's photo is with my friend (upload it later)

Group photo in Taiping Golf Resort
Finals will be next month 24th to 25th of June in Teluk Batik. I heard that we are staying at the resort or something. But that doesn't matter. It's national level, who cares! As long as we're there. But do pray for me as well (cause I'm afraid that my dad won't allow me to go). Hehe.. Anyway, national level is going to be an eye opener for us. I don't think so we stand a chance to win though. Anyway, with God, all things are possible, right? I must pray hard from now. Haha.. =)
No comments:
Post a Comment