
This is a packet of green beans which I'm suppose to plant for my Biology PEKA (some sort of experiment for SPM stuffs). I am suppose to record down their height for 12 consecutive days. When I got this packet, I thought:"So childish! We're Form 5 already, why are we still doing this thing which I've done in my primary school days? Put the wool in a cup, put the green beans on the wool, water it daily, record its height and etc. These are what primary school kids do! I'm a secondary school student and I'm about to graduate. Must I do it?" Well, I gave in and did it. It's my PEKA and it affects my SPM (as the teachers said). So, during the holidays I was having my fun time and I've totally forgotten about it until Monday night. I asked some cups from my mum and started work on Tuesday morning. My first day of record is supose to be Wednesday. Hence, I waited..and waited..and waited. Finally, it arrives. Guess what? It has germinated! Wow! That was fast. the highest reading of the 12 green beans I've planted on the first day was 1.0cm! Can you believe it? That was like so amazing! It grew 1.0cm a day. I was so happy. After "rejoicing" about it, I thought:"Are you crazy? You said it is childish and yet you're laughing as if you got your baby. Siao!" Anyway, I continued on with my work. And on the third day (which is today), the highest reading went up to 4.5cm! Just three days! That was wonderful! However, the lowest reading was only 2.0cm. That was such a vast difference. I did the same thing to every green bean and each of it grew in a different rate. Why is that so? I guess it might be due to the condition of the beans. Maybe the bean is "sick". So this is how my results like:

The difference between the lowest (top) and the highest (bottom). Can you see it? The shoot for the highest one is out of the cup already. However, the shoot of the lowest one is still in the cup. It's just the same as our spiritual lives and earthly lives. For our spiritual life, most of us maybe learning the same thing in church and in Sunday School. However, some people can really grow in their lives and some cannot. This can happen though they are in the same class and listening to the same thing. You can also listen to it for years but you can choose not to listen to it and continue on with your old way. In our earthly lives, it's the same. You can put in 100% of your effort in doing things. But, you can't get what you want everytime. Maybe you work on projects for months and you have put in everything you have. But, the results that come out might not be equally good. So, you need to learn how to give and take. Am I crapping? I don't know. But, when I saw the germination of the seeds, it really touches me (at least a little). The beans strive to live. What about us? Are we striving to live? If we are, what for? Yourself? Your family? Food? Your partner? Or God? Sometimes, we get too carried away with our lives that we often forget about Him. I think we do have to try to come back, right?
*I don't know whether you understand what I wrote (cause I myself also kinda confused). Haha.. =p
2 comments:
goodness. i haven't heard the word 'PEKA' in such a long time! :o)
haha..now you've listen to it again..
Post a Comment