Saturday, May 17, 2008

Night worship (Part 2)

Finally the day has come. I was kind of looking forward to this day. I wonder why. Maybe it's because whatever I wanted to share was really what was happening in my life. We started the practice at about 3.50p.m. It should have started earlier. However, due to some unforeseen circumstances, it started later. Anyway, we started off with Clarence praying. We carrid on with our songs and stuffs like that. Kar Wai can't sing the high keys so the musicians had to change the keys. Anyway, I can see that he made an effort. We went home at about 5.3op.m. I reached church quite early I would say. I think 7.4op.m.? Thanks to Wan Li and Kian Aun that they came earlier to open up the hall and stuffs. Bernice and Bertin were ther already. Others came in as the clock ticked. But my spokeperson and drummer weren't here yet. Well, I wasn't really nervous actually until the clock shows 8p.m.! I was kind of worried (don't know whether it's because I scared that the worship will not be smooth or that they met with an accident or something). Kian Aun asked whether we should start first. But, I had this feeling that I should wait for them. So, we waited. Finally they were here! We started the night worhsip. I don't know how to describe it. Really! It's just amazing (not to say that I want to boast)! We started off by playing the song "Who am I" by Casting Crowns. It really touched me when I first hear the song. And I wanted to share it. Who am I that the Lord of all the earth would care to know my name and care to feel my hurt? And the chorus which said about us like the flower quickly fading and will be here and gone tomorrow... These really touched me. I'm just a small little dot on a white paper but He still cares for me. No matter what I've done, He'll never forsake me. The next song was "Amazing Love". It tells us of the love that God has for us. He's a King and yet He died on the cross for us. Who on earth would die for you? I mean even before you were born? NO ONE! The third song was the most touching one - How Great is our God. I don't know why, tears just rolled down my cheeks. That song really touches me everytime I sing it. He is indeed a great God. Thinking of the great things that He has done for me in my life really struck me. Gosh, those are really what I call meaningful. The last song was "Ever Living God". Some people said that it's a boring song. But to me, it speaks of what God is to me. He's indeed wonderful, marvellous and beautiful! It's really hard to count all the things that he has done for me. They are way too much! Due to the lack of time, we skipped one song - We Give You Glory. For this song, some parts are quite meanigful to me. We give you glory, lifting up our hands and singing Holy, you alone are worthy, we just want to touch your heart Lord, touch your heart. My brother asked me what do you mean when you sing the part "touch your heart". Well, to me, it shows a desire of wanting to know God more and really offer up our praises that will make Him glad and satifisfied and I really want to do that. From the short sharing that Jennifer, Clarence and Kar Wai gave, I really thought about it. For Jenn's case, would I be like her friends when I go out to the world later? Would I be like drift away from God? If I will, would I be so fortunate like Jenn to have someone to bring you back? In Kar Wai's case, Joshua 1:9 - This is my commandment - be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the Lord your God is with you wherever you go. This verse assured me that no matter what happens, God will always be there just for me. In Clarence case, the incident that happened in the bus was really extraordinary. Haha.. Anyway, what he said was true. Some people really act like Christians in church but act like another person when they outside. I know I sometimes do so as well. But, I think if we're doing this, we should change and not continue to be like this despite knowing that it's not right. Anyway, I want to express my gratitude to my team - Andrew, Bernice, Clarence, Kar Wai and Vincent, Kian Aun, Wan Li and Jenn. If I missed out anyone, I'm sorry. I "ganti" back the thank you to you. Thank you! =)

2 comments:

jenneh said...

hey carmen. God is always good and faithful to us. No matter how far we've drifted away, He will sure pull us back to Him. Dont worry.

As for my friends, I thank God for putting them in my life because I learnt a lot through them. They may do things we dont normally do, but actually sometimes, i feel more comfortable hanging out with them.

if you come down to kl, i will sure look out for you. so dont worry so much. if God can feed the birds of the air, God will surely feed you who are made in His Son's image.

:)

karmen said...

thanks jenn.. =)