Yay!!! AMC CHOIR WON!!! Haha.. It was unbelievable!!! Seriously!!! I did not expect this. It was like this, we practiced quite hard I would say but it was not very nice, still can accept though. I didn’t know that we sounded really good when we’re up the stage just now. Finally our hard work has bore its fruit.
Early in the morning, I woke up and was rather nervous, knowing that today is the competition day. After getting ready for school, I headed towards the school. The feeling when I entered the school was not the same as it used to be. I felt as if people’s eyes were fixed on me (maybe because I was holding my baju kurung). Then, I went to the new hall in school to warm up my voice. We practiced a little until 9 am. After that was time to STUDY again. At about 11.30 am, we went to gather in the old hall. As time was approaching to 2 pm, our hearts were pumping super fast! Luckily, Mr Lee (our coach) was there to practice once with us and help us to relax. Guess what we did to relax? Take photograph! With who? Mr Lee!! Not forgetting our teachers as well, Miss Yau and Puan Anne. Time passed by very fast when you are having fun. It was time for us to depart. As the car was arriving the school, I was rather calm. I knew that it’s not a good sign. You know why? I tend to be scared before I perform and calm when I’m performing. Now that I’m calm, means that performing time I’ll be scared. That’s very bad! After settling down to our seat, we waited and waited. We practiced how to go up and down the stage. Then, we waited and waited. Suddenly, the emcee started introducing the judges and stuffs like that. First school was Main Convent. Followed by MGS and us. When I was up there, even my smiles were trembling. Can you imagine that? I knew this would happen when I’m calm before the competition. I knew I’m not the only one trembling up there. Despite of the mixture of tremble and fear, we gave out our very best. I remembered that Mr Lee said that we’re up there to perform, not compete. We’re exhibitors, we’re there to show off. Right Mr Lee? Haha.. We sang out our feelings and sang as though we’re dedicating the song to our loved ones. After leaving the stage, it was like “whew!”. After us was Sam Tet. I wonder why is it Sam Tet the last school every time. Anyway, they sang the same song as us. We thought it would make a vast difference because they were champions for years. They sounded really good. I thought we’re going to loose AGAIN. The long awaited moment came – the results! Main Convent got third. When the emcee was announcing the second place, he created anxiety within us. “Naib johan ialah… SMJK… Sam Tet!!!” We were like screaming so madly!!! We quiet ourselves down when the emcee wanted to announce the first. “Johan ialah SMJK Ave Maria Convent!” Before he even finished, our girls were screaming and jumping all the way, crying, what else? I don’t rather remember because I was over the moon!!! Finally, we won!!! Good job girls!!! Keep up the good work!!! Next week is our next competition, better be prepared to perspire again! To Sam Tet, Main Convent and MGS – Congratulations and good job!!!
Early in the morning, I woke up and was rather nervous, knowing that today is the competition day. After getting ready for school, I headed towards the school. The feeling when I entered the school was not the same as it used to be. I felt as if people’s eyes were fixed on me (maybe because I was holding my baju kurung). Then, I went to the new hall in school to warm up my voice. We practiced a little until 9 am. After that was time to STUDY again. At about 11.30 am, we went to gather in the old hall. As time was approaching to 2 pm, our hearts were pumping super fast! Luckily, Mr Lee (our coach) was there to practice once with us and help us to relax. Guess what we did to relax? Take photograph! With who? Mr Lee!! Not forgetting our teachers as well, Miss Yau and Puan Anne. Time passed by very fast when you are having fun. It was time for us to depart. As the car was arriving the school, I was rather calm. I knew that it’s not a good sign. You know why? I tend to be scared before I perform and calm when I’m performing. Now that I’m calm, means that performing time I’ll be scared. That’s very bad! After settling down to our seat, we waited and waited. We practiced how to go up and down the stage. Then, we waited and waited. Suddenly, the emcee started introducing the judges and stuffs like that. First school was Main Convent. Followed by MGS and us. When I was up there, even my smiles were trembling. Can you imagine that? I knew this would happen when I’m calm before the competition. I knew I’m not the only one trembling up there. Despite of the mixture of tremble and fear, we gave out our very best. I remembered that Mr Lee said that we’re up there to perform, not compete. We’re exhibitors, we’re there to show off. Right Mr Lee? Haha.. We sang out our feelings and sang as though we’re dedicating the song to our loved ones. After leaving the stage, it was like “whew!”. After us was Sam Tet. I wonder why is it Sam Tet the last school every time. Anyway, they sang the same song as us. We thought it would make a vast difference because they were champions for years. They sounded really good. I thought we’re going to loose AGAIN. The long awaited moment came – the results! Main Convent got third. When the emcee was announcing the second place, he created anxiety within us. “Naib johan ialah… SMJK… Sam Tet!!!” We were like screaming so madly!!! We quiet ourselves down when the emcee wanted to announce the first. “Johan ialah SMJK Ave Maria Convent!” Before he even finished, our girls were screaming and jumping all the way, crying, what else? I don’t rather remember because I was over the moon!!! Finally, we won!!! Good job girls!!! Keep up the good work!!! Next week is our next competition, better be prepared to perspire again! To Sam Tet, Main Convent and MGS – Congratulations and good job!!!
Mr Lee and I
Group photo with Mr Lee
(At the back from left) me, Ji Ching, Jo Ann; (In front from left) Pn Anne, Miss Yau, Michelle
AMC choir on stage
1 comment:
no wonder la can win. mr.lee so man. bursting with spirits and confidence while singing! hahaha! jk jk! anyway, congratx.>.<
Post a Comment