Somehow of you might be wondering, "Eh.. I thought you say you're not going for night worship wan.. How come still blogging about it?" I must admit that God really works in His way, miraculous way! Dad allowed me to go and he even fetched me there. And he even STAYED on! Though he didn't have the intention to attend the worship (cause he just went there to look into the P.A. system as there were some complaints), he joined the worship (surprisingly!!). And, through the way he shared, I was touched. Yes, I was touched. Initially, I thought he might say, "You all always like to bang the instruments", "Ok lar.. the worship was ok lar.." and etc. But, out of the blue, he enjoyed it (somehow). And just as what Wan Li said, "God works in His ways!" And yes He does!!!
Okay.. So much for that. Coming back to the night worship, it was a good time of worship. Thanks Kar Wai (senior) and the musicians too!!! The message was the highlight of the night (at least for me). It really sent me into a deep deep thinking. Kian Aun talked about authentic Christian living. He started off with the denial of Peter. Peter who claimed that he will never deny Jesus actually denied Jesus for three times, just as Jesus predicted earlier. I don't deny God like Peter did. In fact, I tell others that I'm a Christian openly and proudly. But, one thing that Kian Aun said really strucked me. Denying God doesn't mean that it's by words only, it's also by our actions. This I have to make confessions. The things that I do in my school daily don't reflect that I'm God's child. I admit that I gossip, I comment, I dislike people (and comment them in front of others), etc. I know it's wrong but most of the time I just gave into temptations. Everytime I ask for forgiveness and everytime I know God forgives me but most of the time I repeat them again, again and again. I know you all might say, "We are human. Sometimes we do give in to temptations." But, don't you think that you can actually do something about it? At least I want to. And he also said about something on this parade thingy. Supposedly God is having a parade and you are in the parade, would you stand right in front of the parade and shout with God? Or would you stand far away from God and just utter the words that those people are shouting in front? I don't know what I would do then but I want to do something about it. I'm putting a challenge to myself and I'm making a stand. From today onwards, I will live a life that reflects I'm a Christian. I don't whether I can or not. But at least I will try. I know, if we take the first step and do our part, God will surely help pull us through. So, what are you going to do? Thank you Kian Aun for the message. =)
2 comments:
Thanks for the encouragement. Again let's try to make this stand together. We keep an eye out for each other, challenging, encouraging, supporting and praying for each other. Again great to see and hear you there that night.
katan: Okok.. I'm glad that I was there. If not, I would have missed the chance to make me realise my mistakes and make my stand. :) thanks for the message again..
Post a Comment